Monday, October 1, 2007

Day 274 Rabbit Ears

Since I don't have cable, before buying the rabbit ears I could pick up zero stations. Now I get about 2.5 stations. The good news is that one of them always has football games on Saturdays. The bad news is that this Saturday one of those games was NOT the one in which Auburn unexpectedly beat Florida.


4 comments:

Sandy said...

Well, you know it was on where I live *and* that we watched it. Sorry you didn't get to see the game....especially since your team won. It was a great game - great back and forth struggle but in the end ~ and I mean the very end ~ Auburn won with a field goal. There was even strategy with that...Meyer waited until the *very* last second to call a time out (meanwhile the play went on and the kicker put one through the goalposts) so Auburn had to line up and do it over again....still the same result, though.:D

PS - I expected a pic of the game for your Sat. post - now I know why you didn't. :-PPPPP

LauraLiz said...

Yes well...whatever game I was watching kept getting this "score update" from the Florida/Auburn game at the bottom of the screen, and I couldn't believe it. (Couldn't believe Auburn might actually win, and couldn't believe I was missing the game!) Finally I pulled up the Auburn/Opelike newspaper online to read a summary of the game. My nephew plays in the Auburn band, so I know he had a great time. By the time I finish considering getting cable, the season will be over!

Dalissa McEwen Reeder said...

Sorry. It's sad how you have to have cable these days to get more than non-cable stations. We have the same problem... Sorry you missed your game.

Colleen said...

I do wish I could watch football games now and then. You may recall that we get a grand total of 2 stations (okay, 2.5), both of which are Canadian. Even with rabbit ears, we don't pick up any U.S. stations. And for the most part, that's fine by me. But now and then, a rainy fall or winter day makes for nice football viewing. Except then I'd get irritated by the commercials, so...never mind. LOL