I love this photo, but the story that goes with it is nice as well. One of the springs (this one) is broken in my grandmother's chair that is being restored. We talked with a man in an upholstery shop about how to possibly repair the spring, how long a new one would take to come in, and so forth. He was skeptical of the repair, but it would take too long to order a new one. As we cranked up the car to drive away, I heard a knock on my window. There he was, handing me a spring. "It's a used one," he said. "Take it."
Wednesday, December 5, 2007
Day 334 Friday
I love this photo, but the story that goes with it is nice as well. One of the springs (this one) is broken in my grandmother's chair that is being restored. We talked with a man in an upholstery shop about how to possibly repair the spring, how long a new one would take to come in, and so forth. He was skeptical of the repair, but it would take too long to order a new one. As we cranked up the car to drive away, I heard a knock on my window. There he was, handing me a spring. "It's a used one," he said. "Take it."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment