Sunday, October 7, 2007

Day 280 Drought



I did actually take some photos today, but still like these from last week's hike better. This first shot is taken from what used to be the lake-bed, looking at what used to be an island.

I'm standing out at the "island" and looking back toward the shore. The sand connection is usually under water.

And these last two are just because I like them! I think both these pieces of wood were underwater until this summer.


3 comments:

Colleen said...

Great pictures, Laura. I know so many of my friends in other regions of this country have been suffering drought, but believe me, the other end of the spectrum is no fun, either. I am sick to death of unseasonably cool, wet weather ~ which we've endured for, um, the past year. Sigh. The grass is always greener, eh?

SUSAN said...

That last one reminds me of a water buffalo skull. I am jealous of the changing colors in the second one. Glad you are finding some cool places to walk! Are we on for the Portland Marathon in 2008? ;-) Maybe we could get Carol to join us...walking, not jogging.

Love,
SUsan

MaryD said...

I like these, Laura, they are beautiful in a desolate way.