Monday, September 3, 2007

Days 244-246 Labor Day Weekend

I was back in Atlanta this weekend, and snapped this reflection while wandering through an outdoor book festival.

I got to make a trip to the Farmer's Market, which is an incredible collection of all sorts of foods...at incredible prices. I miss grocery shopping in Atlanta.

I always find cemeteries fascinating. This one had markers for Confederate soldiers, along with new graves and those from the 1800's.


I'm still thinking about this one...and wondering what Katherine would think about her marker.

4 comments:

Susanne Barrett said...

I love cemeteries, too, but poor Katherine! That's one of the strangest epitaphs I've ever seen. Truly TMI.

my15minutes said...

I will be laughing all night over Katherine's epitaph.

Dalissa 365 said...

OK, so that epitaph just leaves me with questions... did they not get married until Katherine was 39 which seems odd for their time period? Or, was the sex just not happening those last few years and so he's only speaking of the 40 good years? Or what? Makes me wonder.

MaryD said...

This "brown" grave marker gets my vote for most unusual inscription ever! Yeah, what DOES it really mean?