So here it is--Daddy's desk. He joined the National Guard at age 16 and was paid in silver dollars. With part of his first pay, he bought this desk and spent many an hour at it.
Refinishing did not make it perfect. Much of the character the years gave it remains. I like it that way!
8 comments:
Very pretty and so nice that you still have it and a good story to go along with it!
Wow, very nice! Such a change! I'm glad you'll finally get to give it some use like you've wanted to.
I looks great. It is such a special piece to you that its beauty is there no matter what. But, it really does look great!
I love it!!
Susan
It's as good as new and even brings good memories!
Gorgeous! I love the way it captures the light so well.
Nice. I love that you start finishing all these projects right as you're moving. Hey, you know, that mirror frame that went with my vanity never got refinished...
I'm impressed! It looks lovely.
Post a Comment