Thursday, November 1, 2007

Day 304 Memories (Wednesday's photo)

My grandfather made this little chairs. I dreamed about him this week.


6 comments:

Ampersand said...

Awesome shot. Sweet memories.

Dancingirl said...

There's just something about an empty rocking chair. They look wistful. Beautiful shot.

MaryD said...

I wonder if you dreamed about him before or after you took the wonderful shot of the chairs?

LauraLiz said...

Before and after. I'd taken a photo last week, but this one was better.

I've just spent the weekend with my dad, though, so I'm sure Granddaddy (Daddy's dad) was on my mind, even though I've been without him for about 25 years. In my dream he handed me a paper where he had written down some advice, and I read it, marveling at how it answered a couple of deep life questions for me. Was pretty much *the* answer. In the dream I thought "I will keep this forever and as I started waking up I panicked because I knew I would not remember it. (I even remember thinking I needed to go back into the dream so I could take a picture of the note. :-) ) And I'm amazed still at how detailed the advice was, and how I came up with something so wise in my dream, even though I can't remember exactly what it said.

Susanne Barrett said...

Becky captured the word I was looking for: wistful. Beautiful shot.

Katrina said...

I like the layers of stripes as well as the memories this photo evokes. Your dream is neat! I still miss my grandparents.