I wanted to revisit yesterday's photos. This butterfly intriqued me. It has a hole clear through its wings, but it continues to fly around seemingly unfazed, visiting flower after flower and doing what butterflies do.
Sunday, July 29, 2007
Day 210 It cracks me up
Honestly, Karen...I'm not making fun of your church. This sign just cracks me up!

I wanted to revisit yesterday's photos. This butterfly intriqued me. It has a hole clear through its wings, but it continues to fly around seemingly unfazed, visiting flower after flower and doing what butterflies do.
I wanted to revisit yesterday's photos. This butterfly intriqued me. It has a hole clear through its wings, but it continues to fly around seemingly unfazed, visiting flower after flower and doing what butterflies do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
A hole, mayhap? (At least I know you well enough to know you were just busy, not stupid. Thus I shan't mock, merely point it out.)
Yes dear, a hole. I corrected it, and thanks for reading my blog carefully enough to catch errors!
I don't think I even "get" that sign, but it cracks me up, too. LOL
This butterfly photo is lovely Laura!
You know it's funny, this butterfly photo came to my mind this morning when I was walking. Even though it has a hole in it's wing, it is still flying, and still beautiful. In this picture, you can still see beautiful color through the wing. At times it probably looks like an empty hole, but soon beauty shows through because the butterfly continues to go to beauty... just seemed to me like a metaphor for some of the extremely painful holes that happen in our lives, yet through perseverence, the beauty remains...
Colleen and Mary:
I don't know if either of you will ever come back this far and see this, but...
Colleen, I'm not sure I fully "get" the sign either, but the church meets in what is called the Great Aunt Stella Center (it was a cathedral, with lovely woodwork and stained glass windows--haven't a clue why it's the Great Aunt Stella Center now). The church is not the only thing that uses the building; apparently some self help group does as well. The sign reflects the multi-use, but looks like a very unique sort of church!
Mary, I keep thinking about that butterfly as well. I wouldn't think it should be able to fly, but it does...causing more reflection than it would otherwise.
Post a Comment