Tuesday, July 31, 2007
Day 212 Mystery trees
Even before I left Atlanta, I began seeing trees with yellow flowers at the tips. I've never noticed them before this year. They were also in my apartment complex when I got here last month, and I posted a picture (Day 183). Today I noticed what they look like now...and I still don't have a clue what they are!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Those heart shapes are very unusual -- I have no clue what kind of tree they are, but they sure are intriguing.
It looks like a golden raintree ~ more commonly known as Chinese flame tree. They bear yellow flowers, like you showed in the photo on day 183, followed by these "fruit" that look akin to paper lanterns. So pretty!
You are my hero!! I looked up some photos of the tree and sure enough...
I have never, ever noticed them anywhere I have lived before!
One mystery in my life solved--what a good feeling!
Yeah! I knew I was good for something. ;-D
Post a Comment