After several days of huddling inside trying to escape the pollen, I was back at the park today. Day 82's post was Tipsey Tangerine Azalea buds; here is the flower.
Big friend; little friend.
And here are my "what is it?" photos...the dark maroon flowers are on the same bush as the little pouch. The pink flowers are on a big tree.
The maroon thingies remind me of my grandmother. She had this same bush (she called them may-apples, but I have no idea if that is correct), and I used to arrange flowers with them...they're wonderful. And the pink blossoms are either plum or cherry...I'd put my money on plum.
3 comments:
The maroon thingies remind me of my grandmother. She had this same bush (she called them may-apples, but I have no idea if that is correct), and I used to arrange flowers with them...they're wonderful. And the pink blossoms are either plum or cherry...I'd put my money on plum.
My grandmother called the maroon thingys May Apples too.
I love those Tangerine Azaleas. I don't think I have seen that color around here!
That Tipsy Tangerine is one wild flower!
Post a Comment