Monday, May 7, 2007

Day 125 Saturday--Mountain adventure begins

Yesterday's hands with cookies included Becky, her husband, and their youngest dd. They spent the night with me, then we headed for their mountain cabin. Wonderful does not begin to describe the cabin and my time with them.



The kitchen is in a separate building, with a screened in porch off the back. This retreat overlooks a river, and I will always picture Becky and her dh here, in the rockers, with coffee in hand and feet propped up, soaking up the calmness and beauty.


Becky's dd and I went hiking that afternoon, ending up high above the church and cemetery below, with a good view of distant mountains and low clouds. My legs were like spaghetti when we reached the bottom once again!

4 comments:

Susanne Barrett said...

Beautiful, beautful, beautiful!

What a lovely time you all must have had, Laura!

MaryD said...

These are beautiful! I love the misty looking mountains with valley view below.

SUSAN said...

So gorgeous! I'd really love to spend a week there. :-)

Susan

Dalissa 365 said...

These are some great photos... I especially like the rocking chair which evokes so much character and the bottom photo.