Friday, May 18, 2007

Day 138 Friday Musings


IMG_6924.JPG, originally uploaded by LauraLizzie.

After work I propped my feet up and contemplated the view. I looked at L's high school graduation picture, and thought about how different it feels here at the college graduation mark. The emotions have surprised me. She's been "on her own" for a good while, but this step is a little different!

5 comments:

my15minutes said...

Bless your heart. I'm sorry you've been having such a hard time of it; I do suppose it's a bittersweet time. (I didn't expect some of the emotions that came with C's high school graduation.) Watching children come into their own and spread their wings and fly pulls at your heart. Hugs to you.

Sandie said...

I can identify! I have kind of gotten used to Kayleigh actually living her adult life 1000 miles away, but it hits me every once in a while how much I miss my little girl.

Susanne Barrett said...

(((Laura)))

I wish I had more than hugs and prayers for you! :)

MaryD said...

The contemplation is well expressed in the photo. Letting her go with love-- celebrating her accomplishment-- necessary but really hard sometimes.

SUSAN said...

Yap, I know the feeling. I'm so glad you propped your feet up and let yourself feel the feelings. That's crucial.

Love you,
Susan