Saturday, January 13, 2007

Day 13 A Day at the Zoo





This was definitely not a one photo day. I'm not a reptile lover by any stretch of the imagination but it so happened that those photos turned out the best. The baby panda has dominated our local news for weeks, with yesterday being her first day on public display. She's a cutie.

5 comments:

Katrina said...

The zoo is a great place for photos! The panda is adorable! I don't like snakes either, but that IS a good shot.

Sandy said...

I saw a news clip of the public's first view of the baby panda. It's nice to see her again. She is cute. I like your reptile shots too. I'll have to show them to my boys.

Colleen said...

Okay, Laura, tell me again what kind of camera you have? The quality of your photos is outstanding. You have real talent! I've been a good girl, reading my manual, but for the life of me I can't get good, clear close-up shots yet. Sigh...!

LauraLiz said...

Colleen, it's a PowerShot A540, 6.0 mega pixels. I was very pleased with it at the zoo--all these photos were taken through glass. I had an incredible view of a baby gorilla that I couldn't get clear photos of because of the reflection of everyone else in the glass. And of course the zoom is not super powerful, but adequate for most of what I want to do.

Dancingirl said...

Zoos are so much fun! And I agree with Colleen... you have talent for taking pictures... they're all so very clear. Hard to believe those reptiles were taken from behind glass.

That baby panda is a cutie.