When I entered my kitchen first thing this morning, expecting nothing but the not-too-exciting-but-functional-kitchen, there it was. On the plain, boring counter sat an empty bottle, waiting to be dumped in the recycling box. But what a bottle, with glorious sun streaming through it, turning my kitchen into a thing of beauty. Of course my photo doesn't capture the feeling. But I'll remember.
That's one thing this project has done for me. In the "ordinariness" of life, I now notice beauty. And more importantly, I stop long enough to really look. To experience it. To let it seep into my soul. To give thanks.
I left the photo uncropped, because that's sort of the point of this one. Surrounded by the mundane, beauty. And I saw it.

7 comments:
You and I were noticing the same thing this morning Laura! How cool is that. I echo your sentiments so much about appreciating little snippets of beauty for what they are, before they (or I) pass along.
Me too. Love the morning light in your photo and the cropped one is pretty too.
This is wonderful. Beauty and simplicity amidst the ordinary. Good eye, Laura. I'm using that term a lot lately, along with some other phrases: "Great composition!" "Nice contrasts!" "Good eye!"...I hope they don't sound trite; I do mean every word! : )
I love both -- boy your sink is shiny and clean -- but, I really like the light through the green glass in the close-up.
Ha! I was just at Beth's blog and you noticed something similar to her this morning. (As I see she says.) Beautiful.
the light through the green glass is lovely. fun that this project is developing a new appreciation for the beauty of simplicity--
Great light! This is really pretty and I agree. I am noticing and giving thanks so much more these days....
Post a Comment