Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Day 30 Crisis Management

Would you trust your mouth to this creature?


I broke a filling last night. For those who know me, you realize this is a crisis of unimaginable proportions. I have a phobia about teeth. One of my worst recurring nightmares (though I haven't had it in a long time) is that my teeth are breaking and falling out. It's horrifying. And last night it became reality. Sort of.

But along came my hero. Calm and confident, he assured me all my teeth would not break and fall out (and he is a dentist, so I have to believe him, right?). He "stabilized" my tooth this morning, so that it will be fine until I can get to my "real" dentist the middle of February. Right now my tongue is feeling a smooth edge instead of a broken one, and I'm not feeling panicky. That's a good thing.

[And for those who don't know, we work in an infectious disease clinic, hence the protective gear that may be a little more than what you see at your dentist's office!]

So I had to show my appreciation...

8 comments:

RedGypsie said...

Ah? Would that be a knight in shining armor? Armor for the modern day apparently..... ;-)

MaryD said...

YIKES!!! I have a dental phobia... this picture made me shudder!!! I guess that means it's well done!

Jess said...

That's a very good perspective on the dentist, it's like he's coming for you! Glad it worked out well! And I treat myself to comfort foods after hard days too, but I usually go for nachos :D

SUSAN said...

Your dentist looks like he is laughing...I see the laugh lines around his eyes. :-)

It's nice to have a dentist on call!

Susan

Dalissa 365 said...

Perfect perspective and composition. And, Susan is right... T. does look like he is laughing or at least very happy.

Sandie said...

Another super shot!

Katrina said...

He does look happy to help you. :) I like your token of appreciation -- looks yummy!

Lauren said...

I thought I remembered teeth falling out symbolizing trust issues, but upon looking it up, apparently it's more about worrying about your appearance, anxiety about powerlessness, or transitions in life. Apparently it's one of Freud's four "typical dreams." (Falling, flying, and being embarrassedly naked are the others.)