Winter arrived today after a record high temp yesterday. By the time I was free to walk in the park, it was windy and cold. Oh, how thankful I am for this park, an oasis of "reality" in an urban life I never wanted. Usually I encounter a wide variety of people (and dogs) engaged in an amazing array of activities. I've never, ever been bored! I love days like today though, when the park seems to take a deep breath and relax. The few people around seem like comfortable friends of the park, not needing entertainment or excitement. Everything is muted, remembering and anticipating.
Tuesday, January 16, 2007
Day 16
Winter arrived today after a record high temp yesterday. By the time I was free to walk in the park, it was windy and cold. Oh, how thankful I am for this park, an oasis of "reality" in an urban life I never wanted. Usually I encounter a wide variety of people (and dogs) engaged in an amazing array of activities. I've never, ever been bored! I love days like today though, when the park seems to take a deep breath and relax. The few people around seem like comfortable friends of the park, not needing entertainment or excitement. Everything is muted, remembering and anticipating.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
It looks muted and cold! How wonderful to have a beautiful park in the city.
Susan
I love how the curved walkway leads you back into the photo. You may not have wanted an urban lifestyle but I love the fact that you have this park to go to daily. I wish we had a park like this in walking distance to our home but we don't. If I get in my car and drive 5 minutes, it's possible, though.
This is a really nice shot. Again you impress me with your patterns and symetry that just off enough to be very interesting. I ponder of many of your shots. They make me want to write a story to go with them!
the photo gives me the feeling of anticipation of a peaceful walk-- it's very inviting.
The curved walk really draws me into this photo. I love urban parks! We intentionally leave the farm and go to the city for the sole purpose of enjoying urban parks. : )
Really nice, Laura. And I love your narrative about the picture.
Post a Comment