Monday, January 15, 2007

Day 15 Windows and Doors





I had the day off, and headed out first thing to try and beat the rain. These photos are of a church that I can see from my backyard. It has such interesting stonework, a couple of nice red doors, and lots of lovely windows. I took photos of the cemetery also, which are in my "leftovers."

The bottom door is to a shed out in the cemetery. I love how the green plants are growing from inside the door, trying to get out. It makes me wonder what is going on in that shed! The entire cemetery is old, with crumbling stonework and overgrown plants. Probably no one has opened this door in a long time!

5 comments:

margaretm said...

Ooh, I really like the door pictures!

Sandie said...

Red doors usually mean and Episcopal church :). The shots are really interesting and inviting.

LauraLiz said...

It's a Presbyterian church, Sandie. I took a photo of the cornerstone, because it had the masonic emblem in it--laid by the Grand Master something something. I thought that kind of strange.

Anonymous said...

I love red doors and the pictures of the church are lovely.

You take some awesome photos!

Lauren said...

Clearly Audrey 2 is living in that shed. Don't go any closer if you value your life.