In direct contrast to that backdrop of the day, our sky was bright blue, the sun warm and lovely, and the flowers just bursting forth.
Saturday, March 3, 2007
Day 61 Friday (after midnight, but still...)
Today started off on a somber note, with our interstate shut down for miles due to a bus crash. Incomprehensibly, a charter bus transporting a college baseball team fell from an overpass. I know tragedies happen every day, but somehow it seems more real when it is my front yard, so to speak (within 5 miles or so from my house). I've thought all day about the suddeness, the statistical improbability, the finality.
In direct contrast to that backdrop of the day, our sky was bright blue, the sun warm and lovely, and the flowers just bursting forth.


Then this evening my daughter came home. We attended a winterguard competition, where we got to watch one of her best friends from high school compete. He really is incredible. For several years he was almost like another son, and I don't get to see him often. Good for the heart.
In direct contrast to that backdrop of the day, our sky was bright blue, the sun warm and lovely, and the flowers just bursting forth.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I woke up to hearing about that crash too and it made my heart stop for a few seconds until I knew it was from Ohio. If you had seen by photo for Thursday, I had just put Nathan on the same kind of bus heading down 65 to FL. I felt guilty for feeling so relieved. I did pray, continue to pray for that whole community!
THese pictures are very pretty too. I love that shade of pink.
What kind of tree is that? It is absolutely gorgeous!!! I keep coming back to look at it.
I really love the colors! They are great "spring is on the way" kinds of shots.
I happened to be in Atlanta that day at a conference. Everyone the day before had asked all the "Alabamians" where Enterprise was and if we lived close by. The tornado tragedy was on everyone's mind and then we woke up to this terrible bus accident.
Post a Comment