Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Day 87 Groan!

Pollen count is considered severe at 120.

Today's count: 3905
Today's main culprits: Pine, oak, sweetgum, sycamore and birch

I'm allergic to oak, hickory, and pecan. I live on a street named for its oak trees.

New allergy meds will take several days for insurance to approve. It's not been a good day.

5 comments:

Dancingirl said...

I feel for you. I am allergic to oak pollen and severely allergic to pecan pollen. I began taking Claritin in early February. For some reason taking it before I actually get hit with the pollen helps. Now I'm on double strength and still have an itching throat and eyes at times. But I'm not sneezing non-stop!

Dirkus said...

Worst part about Spring. Pretty to look at awful to breathe. Hope the meds help.

Ampersand said...

I feel your pain! I am on zyrtec year round and then I add claritin to my regimen in the spring. Sucks!

Nice shot to match the sentiment.

SUSAN said...

How did people survive before allergy medicine? The weird thing is I don't remember people have allergies when I was growing up but now it seems to hit so many people really hard. Hope you feel better soon, Laura!

Susan

Katrina said...

I'm sorry you're so miserable! I truly understand how you feel. :( Hoping the meds come through for you!