Saturday, March 24, 2007

Day 83 My son!

I spent part of today at the Athens botanical gardens. Here is my son, the photographer!



We saw this interesting creature along the path.



These trees were awesome! The gorgeous flowers just pop out directly from the bark. Fascinating.



Notes: My alleries were better in Athens. Hmmmm.
I got my first little sunburn of the season!
The trees in my neighborhood that I've thought were white oaks are beeches.

5 comments:

SUSAN said...

What are those spaceship looking legs hanging down from the camera...flexible tripod?

I could not have stayed that close to the snake. Wow you are a brave photographer.

Beautiful photos!

Susan

my15minutes said...

All three good in their own way; but my favorite is the black snake. Great angle to catch the movement. I've only been there once, but I loved the Atlanta Botanical Garden.

LauraLiz said...

Beth, I spent a couple of days last week at the Atlanta Botanical Garden, but these were taken at the one in Athens, where J. goes to school. I took lots of pictures of the snake and this was the only time he made that shape! I was about to despair (a long straight line is just not very photogenic).

Susan, it is a "gorillapod," from what I've been told. He first bought a smaller one, which wouldn't hold his camera (so I have it!). You can wrap it around tree branches and all sorts of things. I haven't played with mine much yet. (Yes, basically a flexible tripod. :-))

Ampersand said...

Love seeing the gorillapod!

This shot with your son looks so much like some local "gardens" we have.

I'm hoping to get some shots there next Saturday.

Oh, and brava on the snake shot!!

Joy said...

Cool snake. Cool tree. coolest-sharing your passion with your son!