Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Day 70 Sunday


IMG_4175.JPG, originally uploaded by LauraLizzie.

So I didn't really see this on Sunday, but it is a church, so....

I was riding along with my nephew when I happened to see what was left of this church. He humored me as I whipped into a dirt road for a better look. Oh, my!

I didn't know I was being watched, but before I could drive off a teenager appeared to say that if I was interested, his grandfather had the wooden benches that came out of the church. Be still my heart!! No way to transport them, nowhere to store them for later retrieval...but boy howdy was I tempted! Can you imagine what all those benches have witnessed through the years?

1 comment:

MaryD said...

This is very cool. Looks like the wind could blow it away! I love the look for the weathered boards... bet those benches could tell lots of stories...