Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Day 10

I had such a hard time choosing a photo today, and finally settled on two. The sky may not be this pretty again for a long time! I'm putting some others on my "leftovers," though. The more I photograph, the more I see that I want to photograph!

Each morning as I arrive at work, I look at this steeple. I think our building used to be the headquarters for a denomination, but we have a weather vane now instead of a cross. These trees with red berries are all over our "campus." Usually (I'm told) the berries appear, the birds gorge themselves and get sick, leaving their droppings (and even some carcasses) on our patio, and then the berries are gone for the year. I'm not sure what happened this year, but the birds were uninterested, and the berries have been gorgeous.

The trees are confused with the warm weather, and I've watched this one in our parking lot decide to put out new reddish leaves. The view up through the branches to the blue sky reminds me of Van Gogh's Japanese paintings phase.

7 comments:

Dancingirl said...

Both of these are just beautiful! Like Mary said earlier, you have quite a variety of photos.

Sandie said...

I think the second one is very Japanese! I could easily see it on a silk fabric. Really pretty.

Unknown said...

You've definitely got the eye developing here. I love the angle on the one up above and the way the berries are in focus and the building isn't!

Sandy said...

Love both of these, Laura. The angle in the first is great - focusing up fits in w/ the height and reaching upward of a steeple. The second one does have a very Japanese feel.

We've got lots of blooms here too. The plants are very confused!

Jess said...

"The more I photograph, the more I see that I want to photograph!"

I'm experiencing the same thing :)

Both of these are beautiful, I can imagine standing on a sidewalk and admiring these sights.

Ampersand said...

Great shots Laura. The church with the weather vane is quite interesting.

Paula said...

I love the first picture. Great composition.