I don't even know its name, but this building is a friend. It's become a landmark for me--country girl turned city dweller. My sense of direction has never been great, but I'm learning to navigate my new city. Each day as I make the last turn before arriving at work, this building welcomes me. When I'm lost in the city, I know if I head toward it I will eventually end up someplace familiar.
Yesterday I was thinking how pretty the building was against the blue, blue sky (and with the tree to the left budding out red leaves). Today the top half was obsured by the mist, and it was not pretty. But it's mine. I need to find out its name.
6 comments:
Blue skies are nice, but so is mist. This may actually be a better ~ or at least more intriguing ~ photo than a standard "skyscraper on a sunny day" shot.
I like it! Shrouded.
Cool shot. Yes, you do need to find out which building it is. Being married to a commercial real estate guy, you can bet I know all the names of the big buildings in my town! I like the idea of having it as a market to orient around.
very nice. I enjoyed reading about what the building means to you.
I guess our lives have landmarks like that too, things that we return to, to find our bearings.
The mist makes it very unsual. I really like it.
The mist actually gives it a neat affect, like's it's slowly disappearing.
Post a Comment