Saturday, January 20, 2007

Day 20

Of course I spent the afternoon in the park. After spending most of every day in a windowless lab, I just am not able to convince myself I need to spend Saturday inside getting the ever increasing "to do" list whittled down.

Today I was in the company of an energetic 12 year old who was always willing to perform for the camera! He laughed, ran, climbed, rolled down hills, jumped off walls, and sat for serious photos as well. Always the undercurrent, however, was the fact of his dog's death yesterday. He gave a pat to every dog we encountered, telling most owners that his own dog had just died.

So here he is, flying for a moment.

13 comments:

Nikki said...

What a wonderful photo Laura! I love the boundless energy that just comes through. The composition is just great.

Sandy said...

Wowee! What a wonderful shot! Having him up off the ground would make a great photo but having him up against the sky just makes it outstanding. Love, love, love this one!

He deserves to fly a little after the rough day he had. He looks like Michael Jordan! :)

Sandy said...

PS: Just looked at your leftovers from today and wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed them. They are excellent. You really have talent, Laura. Those father & son pics would look great enlarged, matted and framed.

Dalissa 365 said...

I love this photo. The composition and action are fabulous. I am glad to see he was able to enjoy himself despite what happened yesterday.

Colleen said...

Laura, do you even realize how talented you are at this? This is an incredibly good picture ~ and I agree with Sandy about the quality of your today's leftover shots, too. Amazing.

my15minutes said...

echoing everyone else here. What a great shot. Love everything about it!

Sandie said...

This shot is amazing and your leftovers are just as good! I really like the hanging around one, and a couple of those father-son combos. You have a great eye!

SUSAN said...

That photo shouts "FUN"!

Susan

Alias said...

That is fantastic! I just love it. Now I am going to go look at your extras for today.

(so sad about his dog :-()

Katrina said...

Wow!! (and what everyone else said) :)

Jess said...

Such a great photo! I agree with Sandy, he deserved a good fly :)

Dancingirl said...

Fun, fun, fun! Looks like he's flying! Great shot.

Unknown said...

That is one of my favorites of all so far. What great composition. Love where you were sitting when you took it. Love the contrast of light and dark. Incredible. Should be a poster!