Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Day 24 An Evening with Agnes & Muriel

Just down the road I have a funky little restaurant, bursting with personality. The walls and shelves are full of Barbie dolls and accesories. I'd love to go when the restaurant is closed and take a gazillion photos.


Step back in time...


Can you tell what the lights are? They sit in cups and saucers, with spoons hanging down.


We split two meals. Crabcakes and spinach salad with strawberries. Salmon croquettes with mashed potatoes and grilled broccoli salad. And one dessert to share.

9 comments:

my15minutes said...

Wow, sounds like a GREAT meal. And what a fun restaurant. That's one of the benefits of living in a big city...all the interesting restaurants.

Sandy said...

Looks like a neat place to eat. You really captured some of its essence in your photos. That dessert looked really yummy!

Dalissa 365 said...

OK, if I ever get to visit you again, we are definitely going to that restaurant. I am a sucker for all things kitsche. I like your detail shots especially the one of the unique light fixture.

Colleen said...

Like Dali, I'm into kitsch ~ even if it means subjecting myself to Barbie dolls while dining.;-) This place looks totally cute!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a fun place to eat - I think I'd just have the dessert for dinner!

I really love the funky light with the teacups and saucers. Cute!

Sandie said...

What a wonderful place! I am a super big sucker for Barbies!! I still occasionally buy the collectible ones for the girls. This place looks like fun and if that dessert is any indication the food looks great too!

Carol Ann Weaver said...

I want to go there! What a funky place. :)

MaryD said...

this looks like fun. the food looks and sounds delicious too!

Katrina said...

What a cute restaurant! You captured the atmosphere well --makes me want to go there.