
After 20+ years as a wife, mother, and community volunteer, for the last year and a half I've been back in the career for which I trained. It's been gratifying to see what I have remembered, and how I can pull my weight. On the other hand, it's been terrifying. I constantly feel that I'm hanging on by the skin of my teeth! So much has changed in the medical field (AIDS was just beginning to be a concern when I was interning), and with no real time for "re-training," I have to learn what I can as I do the job. I'm learning a lot about myself.
9 comments:
Thanks for this glimpse into the 'career' you!
Neat picture. It is fun to see where you spend your days.
I love seeing this photo of you. It's just how I pictured you, but honestly, you look years younger every time I see a photo. What a great shot.
You would have laughed if you'd seen how I took this one. I didn't feel comfortable blatantly taking photos of myself, so I set the camera up several times (on a jar on the slide stainer), got it all positioned (using the timer), then had to take it down because someone walked toward my side of the lab. I felt ridiculous! But as work was all I did today (worked overtime so no walk), that's where the shot had to come from.
I like the glimpse into your daily world.
YAY! I get to see you at work. You look very professional, Ms. Laura!!
Susan
i love your pictures, such a variety and they are all very unique!
Hey! Laura at work! I love it. Thanks for the glimpse.
Oh I love this project. I'm getting to see all these things I've had to imagine for so long! Love seeing you at work! Your description of the process of getting the picture made me laugh. I would've done the same thing.
Post a Comment