Today is Bonhoeffer's birthday. My class at church is doing a year long study of the body of Christ, and we are now reading and discussing Bonhoeffer's Life Together. I am intellectually and spiritually challenged! Today's chapter expounded on what Bonhoeffer lists as seven ministries of a Christian:
The Ministry of Holding One's Tongue
The Ministry of Meekness
The Ministry of Listening
The Ministry of Helpfulness
The Ministry of Bearing
The Ministry of Proclaiming
The Ministry of Authority
5 comments:
You young thang, you! Look at that cute hair! (Oh, ummm...should I be commenting on the intellectual and spiritual challenge presented by Bonhoeffer? LOL)
Hey, this is a neat picture. So much in here-- yes the great thoughts from Bonhoeffer, and the cute haircut...But what's hitting me is how "life together" this picture is! You're doing the self-portrait, black and white, reading and loving ideas, and sharing it with the ones who come to visit. Great combination.
I love this picture of you.
I want to be your new best friend :-)!!
I'd like to know more about the "ministry of holding one's tongue."
Susan
For some reason, Susan's mentioning wanting to know more about the mystery of holding one's tongue makes me laugh? Perhaps she should have held her tongue and not asked. Ok, I am being silly. Sorry. You have way too many ideas to think about in that one chapter, I think.
Post a Comment