Saturday, February 17, 2007

Day 48 Short Saturday

I was busy all day, but sure don't feel like I have a day's worth of results to show for it! I'm a reluctant shopper, always putting it off until I am really scraping the bottom of the barrel. Today I gave myself a stern talking to, and headed out to conquer the shopping. OK, so I forgot it was President's Day weekend with lots of sales and hordes of shoppers. Yikes!

In the first store, by some weird alignment of the stars, I was almost the only one in the fitting rooms!


Supper at the Blue Ribbon Diner. I had a Blue Ribbon salad (with pecans and bleu cheese), then grilled talapia on black beans and yellow rice. Hooray for doggie bags!


One of today's purchases may look like a little trash receptacle, but it is a lot more. I was only able to get rid of its predecessor fairly recently, as bound up as it was in the fabric of my "former life." Then for a while I couldn't bear to have anything in its place. Today I caught sight of this one, and suddenly realized I wanted it. Healing is nice.


As I end this day, my feet are thinking of England, CS Lewis, and a wonderful meal at the pub he frequented. I bought myself these woolen socks while visiting Lauren at Oxford last year.

1 comment:

Dalissa 365 said...

Ah, thanks for the walk through your day. The meal at the diner sounds super yummy and I'm glad that you are experiencing healing. You remain a true inspiration in my life. And, I love how you rounded out your day with a photo of your socks... very relaxing and peaceful shot.