Saturday, March 17, 2007

Day 76 St. Patrick's Day


IMG_4869.JPG, originally uploaded by LauraLizzie.


Orchid Daze with Fräbel: Glass Impressions

Today (Saturday--I'm posting after midnight) I visited a special exhibit at the botanical gardens. An internationally acclaimed artist (glassblower) who lives in Atlanta had displays throughout the garden. In addition to pieces such as this one, he created glass orchids.

Sometime Sunday I will get my "garden set" posted on Flickr, for those interested in the wide variety of orchids, more glass artwork, and the garden in general.

2 comments:

SUSAN said...

What an interesting exhibit! I am glad you have access to such a wonderful park. :-)

I forgot it was St. Patrick's day and got pinched. "Pincher" said my green eyes didn't count.

Susan

Sandie said...

This is a really beautiful piece. I also like the way you photographed it. I would love to have a fantasy garden full of them.